Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shot, Stabbed, Punched, and Burned {Part 1}

When I was a kid my dad had tons of stories about crazy things that happened to him. I guess the thought never occurred to me that I would one day have crazy stories of my own. I was saving these stories for my memoirs but I guess they can be used more than once. Among other things I have been shot, stabbed, and burned - today part one: shot.

I've been shot at several times. One summer I was riding my bicycle through a bad neighborhood near Tampa Heights when some guys tried to take my bike away from me. When I wouldn't give it to me one pulled a gun and shot at me. (I don't know what kind of gun I would guess an air gun of some kind). When I was in seventh grade, a kid tried to slash the tires of the school bus we rode, I didn't say anything about it but he thought that myself and some friends were the ones that reported him. So on one of the last days of school he shot at us (I think his name was Jamie) as we came off the bus he shot at us with what looked like a rifle. I thought it was a pellet gun but later found out that he was arrested for armed robbery with a rifle so it could have been real.

When I was like 7 I was shot, and hit by a pellet, fire by a friend Michael. He was playing with his dad's pellet gun when he wasn't supposed to be so we never told anyone. When I was at Boy Scout camp the summer between 7th and 8th grade I went to Camp Daniel Boone in North Carolina. A lot of bad stuff happened on that trip (also saved one of my Scout leaders from going over a waterfall and either dying or getting seriously injured - but that's another story), I got shot by a .22 caliber rifle. The range master called the all clear and told us to go get our targets. The range wasn't full because it was only the boys who hadn't finished their qualifying shots, to qualify for your rifle shooting merit badge you needed two targets with a grouping in a nickle size and one with a dime, I was a terrible shot and had to keep coming back trying to qualify. One of the guys on the far end didn't hear the range master and fired a shot while I was trying to find my target. I was close to 100 yards away and it just nicked my right shoulder. I used to have a small scar to show people but you can't see it anymore.

Next time... Stabbed!

No comments:

Post a Comment